Why consider upgrading Dragonwave Microwave Links ?
Many users consider upgrading existing Wireless Links such as Dragonwave to add greater capacity, or network coverage. When considering a wireless vendor, factors generally include:
- Vendor Track Record
- Vendor Corporate Stability
- Product Performance & Reliability
- Product Support and Service
- Manufacturing Leadtimes
- Attractive Vendor Roadmap
- Product Pricing including all required options
Generally, Microwave links are required to operate unattended for many years in challenging outdoor environments, and therefore reliable and stable products and vendors are paramount in the selection process.
Turbulence in Wireless Vendor Market Space
Amongst many ongoing changes in the market for Microwave Backhaul and Microwave Transmission vendors, there is ongoing consolidation, M&A, and other activities. Recently, Packet Microwave Vendor Dragonwave recently underwent receivership and buy-out by Transform-X.
According to RCR Wireless article dated 3 August 2017,
Once a significant player in the microwave backhaul space, Ottawa, Canada-based company DragonWave has effectively shutdown, with the Ontario Superior Court of Justice placing a financial receiver in charge of the firm’s “property, assets and undertakings.”
With assets sold by the Receiver to Transform-X, and the Dragonwave business is no doubt being reshaped by the new owners of the business.
Upgrade to Latest Microwave Technology for Higher Capacities
Some vendors are fully shipping products today with 1024QAM, XPIC, and upgrades to 2048QAM, XPIC, 10Gbps MMW (Millimeter Wave), which are features above and beyond those achieved by many in the market today. Customers can upgrade today and achieve higher capacity, longer range, reach and availability, at low Total Cost of Ownership compared to competing options.
Future Roadmap for Microwave Upgrades
In addition to today’s products, an impressive roadmap ensures access to higher speed links and features in future products also. Consideration is worthwhile into:
- Vendor roadmaps to higher capacity links with microwave up to 4Gbps or more per link existing today.
- Upgrading to E-Band MMW for shorter links especially in congested city environments
- Using E-band Millimeter Wave for short links to free-up existing microwave spectrum, relief of spectral congestion and re-using valuable microwave spectrum for longer links where required
For More Information on Microwave Upgrades:
For more information on upgrading your Microwave Radio Network, Please Contact Us