WR15 | WG25 | R620 – Rectangular Waveguide Size
WR15 | WG25 | R620 Waveguide Size
- EIA Standard:WR15
- RSCS Standard (British Military):WG25
- IEC Standard:R620
- Recommended Frequency Band:50.00 to 75 GHz
- Cutoff Frequency of Lowest Order Mode:39.875 GHz
- Cutoff Frequency of Upper Mode:79.75 GHz
- Dimension:0.148 Inches [3.7592 mm] x 0.074 Inches [1.8796 mm]
Commonly Used for Millimeter Wave (MMW) Link Bands
- V-Band (58GHz to 64GHz): 58GHz, 60GHz
What is a Waveguide?
A waveguide is an electromagnetic feed line that is used for high frequency signals. Waveguides conduct microwave energy at lower loss than coaxial cables and are used in microwave communications, radars and other high frequency applications.
The waveguide must have a certain minimum cross section, relative to the wavelength of the signal to function properly. If wavelength of the signal is too long (Frequency is too low) when compared to the cross section of the waveguide, the electromagnetic fields cannot propagate. The lowest frequency range at which a waveguide will operate is where the cross section is large enough to fit one complete wavelength of the signal.
For Further Information
For More Information on Microwave Planning, Please Contact Us