WR8 | WG28 | R1200 Rectangular Waveguide Size
WR8 | WG28 | R1200 Waveguide Size
- EIA Standard (British Military):WR8
- RSCS Standard:WG28
- IEC Standard:R1200
- Recommended Frequency Band:90 to 140 GHz
- Cutoff Frequency of Lowest Order Mode:73.768 GHz
- Cutoff Frequency of Upper Mode:147.536 GHz
- Dimension:0.08 Inches [2.032 mm] x 0.04 Inches [1.016 mm]
What is a Waveguide?
A waveguide is an electromagnetic feed line that is used for high frequency signals. Waveguides conduct microwave energy at lower loss than coaxial cables and are used in microwave communications, radars and other high frequency applications.
The waveguide must have a certain minimum cross section, relative to the wavelength of the signal to function properly. If wavelength of the signal is too long (Frequency is too low) when compared to the cross section of the waveguide, the electromagnetic fields cannot propagate. The lowest frequency range at which a waveguide will operate is where the cross section is large enough to fit one complete wavelength of the signal.
For Further Information
For More Information on Microwave Planning, Please Contact Us